Join the EUROPRACTICE Mailing List
Home > EUROPRACTICE Membership
|About EUROPRACTICE Membership||List of Current Members||Information on the role of EUROPRACTICE Representative|
|How to Apply||Change of Representative Form|
|Membership Termination Form|
The EUROPRACTICE Software Service working under the umbrella of the EUROPRACTICE IC Service is coordinating the membership.
Click here for a brief guide on EUROPRACTICE membership and access to design tools.
The EUROPRACTICE Software Service is available to Academic Institutions or publicly funded Research Laboratories primarily engaged in University like activities from the European Union member States, European countries eligible to participate in FP7 (Framework Programme 7) and other countries with close links to Europe, ie in the Middle East, Africa, Russia and the former Soviet states. Please follow the link below for more information. Eligible institutions must become a Member of EUROPRACTICE and pay the annual membership fee before they can make use of the EUROPRACTICE Software Service.
The annual membership fee year runs from 1 October to 30 September.
Full-IC annual membership, 1100 EURO
- Allows full access to the EUROPRACTICE Software Service and is available to both Academic Institutions and publicly funded Research Laboratories in the European Union plus Associated and Financially Contributing States. Full-IC members may purchase from the full range of leading edge EUROPRACTICE design tools at advantageous prices through the EUROPRACTICE Software Service. The right to use, upgrades and technical support are provided under annual software maintenance. Full-IC members also receive IC Design Kits and Libraries and have access to MPW fabrication, organised by the EUROPRACTICE IC Manufacturing Service at imec and Fraunhofer IIS.
Software-only annual membership, 600 EURO
- Allows full access to the EUROPRACTICE Software Service and is available to both Academic Institutions and publicly funded Research Laboratories in the European Union plus Associated and Financially Contributing States. Software-only members may purchase from the full range of leading edge EUROPRACTICE design tools at advantageous prices through the EUROPRACTICE Software Service. The right to use, upgrades and technical support are provided under annual software maintenance. Software-only members do not receive IC Design Kits and Libraries, and do not have access to MPW fabrication.
FPGA-only annual membership, 200 EURO
- This is a low cost option to the EUROPRACTICE Software Service for both Academic Institutions and publicly funded Research Laboratories in the European Union plus Associated and Financially Contributing States who wish to have access to Altera, Xilinx, or Synopsys Synplify FPGA only. The right to use, upgrades and technical support are provided under annual software maintenance. FPGA-only members do not receive IC Design Kits and Libraries, and do not have access to MPW fabrication. If an FPGA-only member purchases software which takes them into the Software-only member category, then EUROPRACTICE Software Service would charge that member the difference between the FPGA-only and Software-only fees.
- Existing members may change their membership type by contacting the Microelectronics Support Centre at any time.
The annual EUROPRACTICE membership fee is payable on 1 October for the October to September period. Institutions who join between 1 July and 1 October will not be liable for a membership fee for these three months. However, the membership fee will be due on 1 October for the following October to September period to enable continued use of EUROPRACTICE services.
How to Apply
There are separate EUROPRACTICE Membership Application Forms and Membership Agreements for Academic Institutions and Research Laboratories.
- Membership application forms and guidance notes for Academic Institutions
- Membership application forms and guidance notes for Research Laboratories
Please send your EUROPRACTICE membership application the Microelectronics Support Centre at the address below.
EUROPRACTICE Software Service
Microelectronics Support Centre
Science & Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
Telephone: +44 (0)1235 44 5327
Fax: +44 (0)1235 44 5546
When your membership is approved, you will be assigned a unique Membership Number and you will be able to participate in the EUROPRACTICE activities. Please note that our full bank details are published on our invoices. We will send invoice(s) only after receipt of membership documents and approval of membership. If you have any queries, please contact the EUROPRACTICE Software Service: MicroelectronicsCentre@stfc.ac.uk
List of Current Members
The current EUROPRACTICE membership list can be viewed via the link below. The list gives the EUROPRACTICE membership number, the membership type, plus the Institution name and Country.
Information on the role of EUROPRACTICE Representative
Please click here for guidance on the role of EUROPRACTICE Representative.
Change of EUROPRACTICE Representative
If the Representative should change at your Institution, please inform the EUROPRACTICE Software Service using the form below. This form must be completed and signed by the new Representative and the previous Representative - or a responsible person at your Institution if the previous Representative is not available.
Membership Termination Form
The EUROPRACTICE Membership Termination Form is available in Adobe Acrobat format. This form is to be completed by Academic Institutions and Research Laboratories who no longer wish to be members of EUROPRACTICE.
|The EUROPRACTICE Software Service is managed by the Microelectronics Support Centre, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK.
You can contact the Microelectronics Support Centre by email: MicroelectronicsCentre@stfc.ac.uk
Last modified: January 11, 2017