Join the EUROPRACTICE Mailing List
Home > Software > Tanner EDA
|Tanner Tools Pro||Software List||Software Ordering|
|Licensing||Supported Machine Types|
Tanner Tools Pro free of license charge for European Universities
The Microelectronics Support Centre at RAL is pleased to announce that Tanner Tools Pro is free of license charge for European Universities (maintenance fee still applies). For links to forms, prices and guidelines, please see the Software Ordering section within these web pages.
Tanner Tools Pro
The Tanner Tools Pro IC Design Suite offers a solution for the design, layout and verification of analog, mixed-signal, RF and MEMS ICs. It consists of fully-integrated front end and back end tools, from schematic capture, circuit simulation, and waveform probing to physical layout and verification.
With an intuitive design environment, users can spend less time learning how to use tools and more time designing.
The Tanner Tools Pro IC Design Suite is available from EUROPRACTICE on the both the PC/Windows platform and Linux. Please note that L-Edit is available as part of this bundle and is not available separately as a standalone product.
All Tanner Tools products via EUROPRACTICE are available exclusively using SentinelLM network licensing.
To implement a network licensing arrangement, one PC on a network must be assigned as a license server and will serve out licenses to license clients (this can include itself) running the Tanner Tools Pro software. Although the server will serve both Linux and Windows clients, the server itself must be a Windows PC.
All licenses are major-version-locked and time-locked to permit operation during the current EUROPRACTICE maintenance year, with a built-in expiry guardband to permit some flexibility in maintenance renewals.
When ordering licenses, the NetID of the license server remains
the primary key that is required to permit Tanner to generate the
license. However, recent occurrences of system managers struggling
to locate existing license servers have highlighted the usefulness
of recording the MAC address of a license server, so you are now
requested to enter this on all Tanner Software Order Forms in
addition to the NetID.
|Tanner Tools Pro IC Design Suite
Click on a product name to view the datasheet
|T-Spice||Circuit level simulator|
|L-Edit||Full custom layout editor|
|SPR||Standard cell place and route|
|Standard DRC||On-line geometric design rule checker|
|Interactive DRC||Real-time DRC violation checker|
|Standard Extract||Device level extractor to SPICE netlist|
|Standard LVS||Layout Versus Schematic comparison and diagnostics|
|Cross Sectional Viewer||Layout cross section to show circuit in fabrication stages|
|UPI||User programmable interface / macro generator|
|SDL||Netlist to layout generator|
|SDL Router||Automatic routing engine|
|DevGen Standard||Parameterized device generator|
|Node Highlighting||Connection visualization|
|Curve Tools||Chamfers and fillets generator for all-angle objects|
|Pad Cross-Reference Extractor||
Extractor for Pad location from layout
|HiPer Verify||DRC and EXT using foundry Calibre/Dracula rulesets|
|EVI||External Verification Interface for Calibre RVE|
|Utilities||Licensing and installation utilities and diagnostics, and troubleshooting documentation|
Supported Machine Types
Tanner software is available for Windows XP, Windows Vista plus Linux RedHat 4 and 5.
Supported System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows Vista™ or Windows 7
- Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or Pentium 4 equivalent with SSE support
- 1 GB RAM
- 425 MB of available disk space with an additional 100 MB during installation
- A video card with at least 64 MB of memory
- 3 button mouse
Recommended System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit
- Dual Core Intel® Xeon® 2.66 GHz or better processor for desktops
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.00 GHz or better processor for laptops
- It is recommended to get a computer with at least 2 cores and the fastest processor speed you can afford. Tanner Tools can take advantage of 2 cores/processors but not more. It is also recommended to get the fastest RAM you can afford.
- 4 GB RAM (more memory recommended if you use HiPer Verify)
- 1 GB of available disk space with an additional 100 MB during installation
- A video card with at least 256 MB of dedicated memory
- Microsoft® Intellimouse
- 1280 x1024 Resolution - True Color (24-bit)
The EUROPRACTICE Software Service place bulk orders with Vendors monthly. In order to be included on the monthly order, Institute orders to EUROPRACTICE must be received at RAL by no later than the 25th day of each month.
Detailed instructions on how to place a EUROPRACTICE software order, how to complete the software order forms and the financial procedures that must be followed are given in the Software Order Procedures.Useful documents:
- Mentor Graphics End User Agreement for Academic Institutions
- Mentor Graphics End User Agreement for Research Laboratories (Mentor Graphics Agreements to be completed for Tanner Tools purchases following Mentor Graphics acquisition of Tanner EDA in 2015)
PLEASE ensure that you read the End User Agreement Notes before downloading the End User Agreements.
|Please access the Tanner software prices, maintenance prices and software order form through the Europractice Members Only webpages|
|The EUROPRACTICE Software Service is managed by the Microelectronics Support Centre, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK.
You can contact the Microelectronics Support Centre by email: MicroelectronicsCentre@stfc.ac.uk
Last modified: September 8, 2015