|Synopsys Classroom Teaching Licenses||
Join the Europractice Mailing List
Home > Software > Synopsys > Classroom Teaching Licenses
Synopsys Low-Cost Classroom Teaching Licenses
Europractice Synopsys Classroom Teaching licenses are made available for the teaching and instruction of students in cases where the Institute has too few regular Europractice non-commercial research and training licenses for mass-class teaching. The Classroom Teaching licenses have the same functionality as regular Europractice Synopsys non-commercial research and training licenses but are made available at lower cost since use is restricted to teaching only and no research use of any sort is allowed.
The following Synopsys Classroom Teaching licenses suites are available:
- Front End Verification and Implementation Tools
- Analogue Simulation and Modelling
- Advanced TCAD
- Systems Level Tools
An application for access to low-cost Synopsys Classroom Teaching licenses requires an initial proposal and renewals require a successful yearly report. In order to be eligible for consideration for Classroom Teaching licenses, institutes must have 1 or more regular Europractice non-commercial research and training licenses under maintenance of the same suite. The Classroom Teaching licenses must also be located on a separate license server from the regular Europractice Synopsys licenses.
Synopsys Classroom Teaching licenses are free of initial license charge but are subject to Classroom Teaching maintenance supplements. Access to Classroom Teaching licenses is at the discretion of Europractice and Synopsys.
Institutes ordering Classroom Teaching licenses may also be especially interested in Synopsys' Curriculum Materials. Synopsys' Curriculum materials can be used to implement a new course or supplement content in an existing course quickly and easily. These curriculum materials range from whole semester courses to shorter specific technical presentations and these may be used as courseware for teaching purposes by University members.
Classroom Teaching License Initial Ordering
To place an order for Synopsys Classroom Teaching Licenses you must complete the following:
- Synopsys Classroom Teaching Proposal. The proposal should be a short electronic document (PDF) sent as attachment to MicroelectronicsCentre@stfc.ac.uk with “Synopsys Teaching Licenses Application” and your Europractice Membership number in the subject field. The proposal should include the following information:
- Overview of taught courses on which these licenses will be used
- Overview of the computing environment to support these Synopsys licenses
- Explanation of why existing Europractice regular Synopsys licenses are insufficient for classroom teaching purposes
- For each course
- Title, including level of course
- Number of students expected to be using Synopsys licenses
- Number of hours each student will be using Synopsys tools
- Overview of the classroom practical exercises, stating which specific Synopsys tools will be used for each
Yearly renewal of Classroom Teaching licenses is dependent on a successful yearly report in addition to the standard arrangements for payment of Synopsys maintenance. To coincide with the end of the maintenance year, these reports are due by 1 October at the very latest. Reports must show what you have achieved using your licenses, compared with what you had planned. For each course on which the classroom licenses are used, the following information will be required:
- Title, including level of the course
- Number of students who have used the classroom licenses as part of the course, and the number of hours each student has spent using the tools licensed by the Synopsys Classroom keys
- An overview of the practical exercises associated with each course, detailing which specific Synopsys tools (including versions) have been used in each exercise
- Highlights of your experience using the classroom licenses, or any problems you have encountered whilst using them
- Any changes you will make to your practical teaching activities using the Synopsys tools, or any future courses for which you intend to use your teaching licenses, in addition to those stated above
In order to avoid the need to request further details from you, please make sure that all these points are covered in a clear, structured and concise way. The Microelectronics Support Centre will contact users to request their report well in advance of 1 October each year.
|Last modified: September 18, 2017|