Join the Europractice Mailing List
Home > Mentor
|Full Suite||FPGA and Board||Online Support||How to Order|
Mentor SLEC and AFS available on Request
Europractice and Mentor are pleased to announce that SLEC and AFS will be available free of additional charge to Full Suite Universities (Membership Numbers Axxxxx) on a case by case basis at the sole discretion of Mentor from 1st December 2019.
SLEC is described in the following link: SLEC Datasheet
AFS is described in the following link: AFS Datasheet
Cases to access SLEC and AFS should be submitted to RAL (MicroelectronicsCentre@stfc.ac.uk) for consideration by Mentor.
On-Demand Training Available
The Microelectronics Support Centre at STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory is pleased to announce a pilot to make available access to Mentor On-Demand Training Libraries for a subset of the tools provided through Europractice.
These libraries are educational resources based upon Mentor tools. They contain video lectures, lab exercises, and knowledge checking tests, at multiple stages of various tool chain flows.
The available labs are simple to set up and use as they're hosted in the cloud, connecting the user through to virtual machines with all of the required tools installed already.
This scheme is initially only being rolled out for Europractice members with existing Europractice/Mentor End-User License agreements on a first come first served basis. Mentor will be able to monitor usage and at the end of the pilot STFC Europractice will ask for feedback to help persuade Mentor to expand the offering and make it available to the entire Europractice membership.
Currently the training libraries that will be made available are associated with Calibre, Functional Verification, Catapult, Xpedition, HyperLynx and Tanner EDA (L-Edit).
If interested please sign up at the following link: Mentor On-Demand Training Pilot Sign Up
The Mentor Full suite package comprises of a comprehensive suite of tools that cover a wide range of design flows and areas including the following and more:
- Digital IC Design - Oasys, Nitro, and Calibre constitute a complete Digital IC Design flow that delivers high quality results, with ultra-low power design capabilities and minimal runtimes.
- Custom IC Design - Tanner EDA tools allow for efficient precise IC design, layout and verification. L-Edit in particular claims to highly reduce the required amount of manual routing compared to other custom IC design tools.
- PCB Design and Verification - Xpedition offers an innovative PCB design flow, providing integration from system design definition to manafacturing execution, whilst HyperLynx provides a complete suite of design analysis and verification software that meets the needs of PCB engineers at any point in the board design flow.
- FPGA Design and Synthesis - Mentor provides users the ability to create FPGA designs, make them more efficient, synthesise the designs, and verfiy them with the FPGA tools provided in this package. Alongside these tools, Precision RTL is a tool that helps ease transistion from ASIC to an FPGA design.
- Analog/Mixed Signal Verification - Questa ADMS and Eldo give designers a comprehensive environment for verifying complex analog/mixed signal SOC and cicuit designs.
- Calibre - Calibre is a foundary standard physical verification and sign-off tool, whilst remaining the only sign-off verification toolset that is integrated within the full range of design tools used throughout design flows.
- Functional Verification - Questa provides a wide range of Functional Verification capabilities with advanced debug and observational functions for simulation based verification.
- High-Level Synthesis - The Catapult High-Level Synthesis Platform empowers designers to use industry-standard ANSI C++ and SystemC to describe functional intent and move up to a more productive abstraction level.
- Silicon Test - The Tessent product suite provides comprehensive silicon test and yield analysis solutions that address the challenges of manufacturing test, debug, and yield ramp for today's SoCs.
The FPGA and Board package consists of a subsection of the Full Suite tools that focus primarily on FPGA and PCB work.
Mentor provides an extensive collection of documents and resources that are made readily available to their tool users at their Mentor Support Centre website, these include tool user guides, command references, and frequently asked questions with solutions. The Mentor Training page gives access to hundreds of hours of on-demand training content featuring video lectures, online virtual labs, and knowledge tests with feedback.
Sign up to join the Mentor On-Demand Training Pilot, giving you access to Calibre, Tanner EDA (L-Edit), Xpedition, and HyperLynx training material.
How to Order
Orders are placed with the vendor on a single order, once per month. To be included in the current month's order, all documents must be received by the Microelectronics Support Centre no later than the 25th day of the month.
Detailed instructions on how to place an order are given in our Order Procedures.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL ORDERS
- Mentor Order Form (login required) 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted, and
- Purchase Order 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR FIRST TIME ORDER FROM THIS VENDOR ONLY
- Mentor End User Agreement for Academic Institutes 1 copy, electronic copy (high quality, colour, scanned PDF) via e-mail accepted, or
- Mentor End User Agreement for Research Laboratories Instructions as per Agreement for Academic Institutes
STATEMENT FROM RESEARCH LABORATORIES
- End Usage Statement for Vendor Approval required when ordering first licenses of any new license bundle, 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted, can be e-mailed in advance of other paperwork
|Last modified: August 17, 2020|