Join the Europractice Mailing List
Home > Coventor
|Teaching Licenses||Operating Systems||How to Order|
SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication Bundle. All SEMulator3D users will be upgraded to SEMulator Virtual Fabrication Bundle free of charge. SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication Bundle includes :
- SEMulator3D Basic. Package containing everything necessary to simulate and view
complex CMOS process flows using the voxel modeling engine. Voxel
modeling is extremely efficient and ideal for modeling unit process
steps that can be characterized geometrically; for example,
lithography, spin-on deposition, and wet etches.
- SEMulator3D Advanced Modeling. Provides accurate physics-driven process models for advanced
technologies. A powerful, predictive modeling tool to build process
understanding, mitigate technology risk and eliminate cycles of
learning in technology development. With minimal input parameters
that are easy to calibrate, process engineers can gain significant
understanding of the behavior and variability of etch and epitaxy
steps and their ramifications in the context of the full technology flow.
- SEMulator3D Automation. Automate large number of experiments and use metrology to measure critical geometry. Structure search inspects entire build area for design/process violations.
Coventor are offering Europractice members a free 30-day evaluation license of their products. This will allow new users to evaluate any Coventor product and existing users to evaluate additional products. If you wish to take advantage of this offer, please contact the Microelectronics Support Centre at RAL.
Coventor's software platforms help address the challenges of advanced semiconductor fabrication and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) design automation.
CoventorMPThe CoventorMP platform provides a unified environment for MEMS design, starting from fully parametic deign entry to the production of functional models that can be simulated at all levels of abstraction. Comprises MEMS+ and CoventorWare with MEMS extended analyses.
SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication BundleStarting from input design data, SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication Bundle follows an integrated process flow description to create the virtual equivalent of the complex 3D structures created in the fab. Comprises SEMulator3D Basic, SEMulator3D Advanced Modeling and SEMulator3D Automation.
MEMS+MEMS+ provides a standard methodology for MEMS+IC design. Interfacing to the Cadence Virtuoso and the MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink environments, it provides a common platform and efficient methodology for MEMS and IC designers, bridging the gap between the accuracy required by MEMS designers and the simulation speed required by ASIC designers It enables MEMS designers to explore device concepts and optimize designs much faster than using conventional field solvers.
Users select parametric elements from the library to assemble their design and simulate their designs in a built-in simulator, MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink, or Cadence Virtuoso. After simulating, users visualize and animate the simulation results in 3D.
The Advanced Sensor Modeling package is also included which enables the export simplified models in Verilog-A or MROM format. These models can then be analysed in simulators such as Virtuoso/Spectre or MATLAB/Simulink. Also included in this package is the ability to import Finite Element models into MEMS+.
|–||MEMS Component Library||Extensive library of MEMS components.|
|–||3D MEMS Design Entry (Innovator)||Intuitive, 3D user interface that makes design entry easy and fast.|
|–||Scene3D||MEMS Simulation result animation.|
|–||MEMS+ for MathWorks||MEMS design in MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink, from concept to system simulation.|
|–||MEMS+ for Cadence||MEMS design and co-simulation in Cadence Virtuoso.|
MEMS+ is based on a unique MEMS-specific library of high-order, parametric finite elements. These elements provide the accuracy and generality of finite-element analysis (FEA) yet runs extremely fast compared to conventional FEA. Designers can simulate their entire MEMS device, including gas damping effects and control circuitry. With MEMS+, designers can run time-dependent and closed-loop simulations that reveal dynamic behavior that here-to-fore could only be observed and quantified through time-consuming measurements on prototypes.
|With MEMS+ for MathWorks, designs created in MEMS+ Innovator are immediately available as Simulink compatible models. MEMS+ supports system simulation in Simulink and device simulation in MATLAB, of the MEMS device and its surrounding signal processing or control circuits. MEMS+ for MathWorks expands the available analysis capabilities from pure transient simulations to DC, DC transfer, Modal and AC analysis. MATLAB or Simulink simulation results can be loaded back into the MEMS+ Scene3D module for 3-D viewing.||With MEMS+ for Cadence, designs created in MEMS+ Innovator can be automatically converted into IC compatible models and parametric layout (PCells) for the Cadence Virtuoso design environment. MEMS+ for Cadence supports MEMS+IC co-simulation in Spectre and SpectreRF where the simulator will connect, via the Cadence C Model Interface (CMI), with the MEMS+ component library to evaluate the MEMS behavioral model at each simulation point. Simulation results can be loaded into the MEMS+ Scene3D module for 3-D viewing.|
Coventor's MEMS+ design platform accelerates the development of
complex 3D systems with state-of-the-art actuators, accelerometers
and gyroscopes, microphones and other types of MEMS devices.
With MEMS+ you can:
- Rapidly explore design concepts versus performance specifications such as sensitivity, linearity, frequency response, or actuation time.
- Predict performance sensitivity to design and manufacturing variables.
- Optimize designs for performance, temperature insensitivity, manufacturability, and yield.
- Perform transient simulations of MEMS actuators with fully coupled electro-mechanics and squeezed-film damping effects.
- Simulate closed-loop behavior of sensors and resonators in Simulink.
- Simulate MEMS and electronics (ICs) together in the Cadence Virtuoso environment.
- Predict signal-to noise ratio for MEMS microphones.
- Include package and substrate deformation effects on MEMS device performance.
- Selectively exclude non-linear electro-mechanical effects to optimize simulation speed.
- View 3D animations of mode shapes, time-harmonic behavior, and transient analyses.
CoventorWare with MEMS extended analyses
CoventorWare is a fully integrated MEMS design environment. The suite has many MEMS-specific features for modeling and simulating a wide range of MEMS devices, including inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyros) microphones, resonators, and actuators. The included field solvers provide comprehensive coverage of MEMS-specific multi-physics, such as electrostatics, coupled electro-mechanics, piezoelectric, piezoresistive, and damping effects.
The Coventor front end includes:
- A material properties database, pre-populated with commonly used MEMS materials.
- A process editor for providing a geometric description of the fabrication process.
- A full-featured, hierarchical layout editor with MEMS-specific features like support for true curves.
- A preprocessor for viewing 3D models and preparing them for analysis.
- 2D and 3D import/export to widely used formats like GDS2, DXF, SAT, IGES and STEP.
- Mesh generation and export to Ansys.
Many MEMS devices rely on coupling between electrostatic fields and moving mechanical parts as their principle of operation, whether for sensing, actuation, or transduction. These electrostatic fields can be simulated with extremely high accuracy with the solvers, in order to accurately predict derived quantities such as electrostatic force, pull-in/lift-off voltage and electrostatic spring softening.
Simulated displacement due to fabrication-induced
residual stress in mechanical layer of an accelerometer.
The CoventorWare suite of FEM / BEM solvers allow:
- Modal analysis.
- Quasi-static coupled electro-mechanics (pull-in, lift-off, electrostatic spring softening).
- Harmonic analysis.
- Fast-frequency-sweep algorithm for piezoelectric BAW resonators.
- Gas damping for any 3D geometry.
- Energy dissipation from thermo-elastic damping and anchor losses.
- Sensitivity analysis of piezo-resistive sensors.
- Detailed stress analysis.
SEMulator3DThe Virtual Fabrication Bundle comprises SEMulator3D Basic, SEMulator3D Advanced Modeling and SEMulator3D Automation.
CMOS -MEMS cross section view.
SEMulator3D Basic is a powerful 3D semiconductor and MEMS process modeling platform that offers wide ranging technology development capabilities. Based on highly efficient physics-driven voxel modeling technology, SEMulator3D has a unique ability to model complete process flows.
Using unique physics-driven 3D modeling technology, the SEMulator3D modeling engine can model a wide variety of unit process steps. Each process step requires only a few geometric and physical input parameters that are easy to understand and calibrate. Just as in an actual fab, upstream unit process parameters (such as deposition conformality, etch anisotropy, selectivity, etc.) interact with each other and design data in a complex way to impact the final device structure.
SEMulator3D Viewer shows a 3D rendering of the virtual device model at every step in the process. Step-by-step visualization can aid in understanding process failure modes and other complex process phenomena. Cross-sectioning and dimensional measurements can be performed anywhere on the 3D model. SEMulator3D Viewer has many advanced capabilities, including automatic animation of process steps and automatic export to Microsoft PowerPoint.
SEMulator3D Advanced Modelling
The SEMulator3D Advanced Modeling package is a powerful, predictive modeling tool to build process understanding, mitigate technology risk and eliminate cycles of learning in technology development. With minimal input parameters, process engineers can gain significant understanding of the behavior and variability of step in the context of the full technology flow.
The SEMulator3D Automation package enables automated parameter variation studies and related data analysis, and includes both SEMulator3D Metrology and SEMulator3D Expeditor. SEMulator3D Metrology mimics actual metrology operations, providing in-line measurements of device structure. SEMulator3D Expeditor performs parameter variation studies, collecting related data for analysis.
Coventor Classroom Teaching Licenses
The Microelectronics Support Centre at RAL is pleased to offer Coventor Classroom Teaching Licenses to Europractice members.
Europractice Coventor Classroom Teaching licenses are intended for institutes to do mass class teaching of their students, in cases where they have too few regular non-commercial research and training license seats for that purpose. The Classroom Teaching licenses will be subject to all the usage restrictions of the regular Europractice Coventor licenses.
Teaching licenses are available for the following products:
|–||SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication Bundle|
Teaching licenses comprise 20 full licenses for a 6 month duration within a 12 month window and are free of charge. To be eligible for teaching licenses, a university mush have a purchased license for that product under maintenance. As part of the ordering procedure, universities must supply a syllabus for the proposed training course.
The Coventor Classroom Teaching Licenses order forms can be accessed via the Europractice Members Only webpages.
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6.9 64-bit
SEMulator3D Virtual Fabrication Bundle
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 64-bit
How to Order
Orders are placed with the vendor on a single order, once per month. To be included in the current month's order, all documents must be received by the Microelectronics Support Centre no later than the 25th day of the month.
Detailed instructions on how to place an order are given in our Order Procedures.
If you are interested in Coventor Low-Cost Classroom Teaching Licenses please click here (login required).
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL ORDERS
- Coventor Order Form (login required) 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted, and
- Purchase Order 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted
MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR FIRST TIME ORDER FROM THIS VENDOR ONLY
- Coventor End User Agreement for Academic Institutes 1 copy, electronic copy (high quality, colour, scanned PDF) via e-mail accepted
- Coventor End User Agreement for Research Laboratories Instructions as per Agreement for Academic Institutes
- Coventor Compliance Screening form (login required)
STATEMENT FROM RESEARCH LABORATORIES
- End Usage Statement for Vendor Approval required when ordering first licenses of any new license bundle, 1 copy, electronic copy via e-mail accepted, can be e-mailed in advance of other paperwork
Last modified: April 20, 2021