|Cadence Classroom Teaching Licenses||
Join the Europractice Mailing List
Home > Software > Cadence > Classroom Teaching Licenses
Cadence Low-Cost Classroom Teaching LicensesEuropractice Cadence Classroom Teaching licenses are intended for institutes to do mass class teaching of their students, in cases where they have too few regular Europractice non-commercial research and training license seats for that purpose.
The Classroom Teaching licenses will be subject to all the usage restrictions of the regular Europractice Cadence licenses but, in addition, no research use of any sort will be allowed. The Classroom Teaching licenses must also be located on a separate license server from the regular Europractice Cadence licenses.
An application for access to low-cost Classroom Teaching licenses requires an initial proposal and renewals require a successful yearly report. Access to Classroom Teaching licenses is at the discretion of Cadence, after considering these documents.
The following Cadence Classroom Teaching licenses are available:
PCB Studio Package
In order to be eligible for consideration for Classroom Teaching licenses, institutes must have 1 or more regular Europractice licenses under maintenance for the appropriate Package, e.g:
|Classroom Package||Eligibility Maintenance|
|IC Package||IC Package|
|Systems Package||Systems Package|
|PCB Studio Package||PCB Studio Package|
|TLM Package||TLM or IC Package|
Cadence Classroom Teaching licenses are free of license charge, but are subject to maintenance supplements:
To place an order you must complete the following:
1 – Cadence Classroom Teaching Proposal
2 – Cadence Classroom Teaching Licenses Order Form
3 – Purchase Order
Please enclose a copy of your Purchase Order to cover the maintenance supplement for the bundle(s) you are applying for.
Yearly renewal of licenses is dependent on a successful yearly report in addition to the standard arrangements for payment of Cadence maintenance. To coincide with the end of the maintenance year, these reports are due by 1 October at the very latest.
Reports must show what you have achieved using your licenses, compared with what you had planned. For each course on which the classroom licenses are used, the following information will be required:
- Title, including level of the course
- Number of students who have used the classroom licenses as part of the course, and the number of hours each student has spent using the tools licensed by the Cadence Classroom keys
- An overview of the practical exercises associated with each course, detailing which specific Cadence tools (including versions) have been used in each exercise
- Highlights of your experience using the classroom licenses, or any problems you have encountered whilst using them
- Any changes you will make to your practical teaching activities using the Cadence tools, or any future courses for which you intend to use your teaching licenses, in addition to those stated above
- Any plans to move to the latest software versions (for example from IC5x to IC6x)
In order to avoid the need for a request further details from you, please make sure that all these points are covered in a clear, concise way, structured as above.
The Microelectronics Support Centre will contact users to request their report well in advance of 1 October each year.
|Last modified: September 18, 2017|